Buying a new TV doesn’t have to cost you a fortune. Techn0logy is improving by the day meaning that prices for older technology are dropping. Nowadays, you can get a decent model for under £300 with no drop in performance. Whether you intend to update the living room TV or purchase a smaller, secondary one to put in your bedroom, you can be sure that our recommended TVs feature a contemporary designer look, with sleek bezels that fit perfectly into any interior.
Designing a room around your TV, and ensuring everyone has the optimum viewing angle can be tricky, especially if you don’t have a lot of space. There are several things to consider, such as the placement of the TV, but also what you’re placing it on to ensure stability. A TV stand has to fulfil several tasks – being stable enough to keep the TV in place, hiding any cables, and providing a useful place to store DVDs, periphery items and so on. It also has to look good, because a TV stand is usually a focal point in the living room, apart from the couches. A quality corner stand is a great choice as it fulfils every requirement, plus it’s excellent for saving space.
In order to deserve our recommendation, every TV for under £300 has to come through a series of tests. These are designed to check for, amongst other things:
- Visual quality – every TV has to be impeccable in terms of visual quality, with excellent resolution, no motion blur, and good contrasts.
- Audio – the audio quality must reach the highest standards demonstrating a full-bodied rich tonal experience.
- Functionality – our TVs must be easy to set up, be user-friendly, and perform exactly as desired.
- Value for money – by weighing up quality and balancing it against the price, we can establish if value for money is offered.
- Design – the style and appearance of the TV should offer a contemporary, streamlined look.
Only the models that come through with flying colours can be recommended, ensuring that we only ever feature the very best models.
Why not have a browse through our top 3 TVs under £300 in 2021?
If you enjoyed this page, and are on a budget, then consider giving these pages a read too!