Increasingly, families are treating themselves with side TV sets, for bedrooms, kitchens, and kid’s rooms. A 43-inch TV is ideal for such a purpose. It’s small enough to fit into a space-conscious room, but yet large enough to view the screen clearly. But if you’re going to get a second or even third TV, why not make it a smart one, especially if your larger main screen is smart enabled.
The majority of us use smart technology every day in the form of smartphones, so we’re all familiar with the concept of connecting to the internet, and a smart TV just scales up the idea. Via the internet connection, music and movies can be downloaded or streamed, games can be enjoyed online with the adrenaline-fuelled addition of being able to play with others from around the globe, and numerous apps become accessible too. Most smart TVs are voice-enabled, and many offer Alexa in their package. With the ability to control your smart home by just telling Alexa what to switch on, a smart TV is a great addition for the family.
Every 43-inch smart TV model that we feature has to conform to our strict standards, and in order to accurately establish this, we put them through a series of tough tests. This allows us to analyse several factors, including:
- Smart functionality – our models must connect easily, quickly and with stability, offer access to a wide range of useful apps and be simple to navigate.
- Picture quality – the picture should feature a crisp resolution, displaying the full-colour gamut, dark blacks, and a smooth, judder-free roll.
- Audio – the audio must subtly enhance your TV, bringing the story to life in your ears, with no jarring notes to disturb the experience.
- Immersive experience – your new 43-inch smart TV must allow you to sink into the on-screen story, whatever you’re watching.
- Functionality – our featured TVs must be simple to install, use, and personalize.
All the TVs that we recommend have come through our rigorous testing completely unscathed, so you can browse with confidence, knowing that these are the very best 43-inch smart TVs of 2021.
1) HISENSE 43” 4K UHD/HDR Smart TV with Freeview Play and Alexa Built-in
£279.00 in stock
5 used from £245.00
- 4K Resolution- With 4x more pixels than traditional Full HD, Hisense’s 4K Ultra HD resolution is the benchmark for stunningly realistic picture quality and pin-sharp clarity.
- DTS Studio Sound- An immersive sound experience. Volume Levelling cleverly smooths transitions between inputs and when changing channels.
- HDR Technology- HDR dramatically enhances detail by maximising contrast and colour accuracy for more true-to-life colours and amazing levels of clarity.
- VIDAA U Smart TV - access Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, Freeview Play and Rakuten with direct access keys on remote.
- Freeview Play - Catch up on the last 7 days via BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5 and UKTV Play.
2) TOSHIBA 43-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
£288.00 in stock
3 used from £267.84
- TRU Picture Engine - Toshiba’s TRU picture technology provides smooth, upscaled and more detailed viewing whatever you’re watching. TRU Micro Dimming improves contrast, focussing on all the different regions of the image. TRU Flow analyses the image and frames to minimise judder effect and keep up with fast paced action scenes. TRU Resolution upscales a wide variety of non 4K content, delivering a more refined image that feels fully immersive.
- 4K, HDR10 & Dolby Vision - 4K means a clearer picture. More pixels on the screen, creating crisper images with more details than standard HD. Effortlessly combining HDR10, our High Dynamic Range enhances colour contrast, making blacks darker and whites brighter. And now you can step into the story with Dolby. Unlock a truly remarkable entertainment experience with the ultra-vivid picture of Dolby Vision at home or on-the-go.
- Dolby Atmos - Revolutionize your entertainment with Dolby Atmos. Discover the Dolby difference — a premium entertainment experience that helps you feel a deeper connection to the movies, shows, music, sports, and games you love. Hear what you’ve been missing with an immersive experience like no other.
- Alexa Built-in - With an Alexa microphone embedded into the bezel, you can explore more of what you love whether it’s getting the latest news and sports results, or even just simple commands like changing the volume without having to search for the remote, simply ask Alexa.
- Apps - From the latest movies and trending music to your favourite boxsets, we've got it all. The top streaming apps including Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video and Freeview Play built in as standard up to date and ready to go.
3) Samsung 43″ 4K QLED/HDR Smart TV with Tizen OS
£484.99 in stock
- Q HDR powered by HDR10+: experience exceptional picture detail, just as the film makers intended
- 100% Colour Volume and Dual LED: get genuine cinematic colour, made from over a billion shades thanks to 100% Colour Volume, and discover bold contrast and accurate colour with Dual LED
- Crystal Processor 4K: adapts to give you the very best 4K picture and targeted sound
- Adaptive Sound: perfects every sound for what you're watching
- What's in the box: Samsung 2020 43" Q60T QLED 4K Quantum HDR Smart TV, One Remote Control, standard remote, batteries, user manual and power cable
If you enjoyed this page, and are looking for a particular size of TV, then consider giving these pages a read too!